Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Death is more perfect than life"

So I have a question for the world, or anyone who reads this and wants to engage me in a conversation about this broad topic, but my question is, is there a such thing as "perfection". Is there anything out there in the world, living or otherwise, that is truly perfect? Will we as humans ever reach a state of pure bliss or perfection? Is there a heaven or a state of nirvana we reach at the end of our life? It is easy enough to point out or find the imperfect things in our life and around the world, but something truly, utterly and brilliantly perfect is much harder to come by.

I can think of moments in my life where everything had fallen into place and for thirty minutes or so everything was perfect. Perfect moments. A snap shot of bliss. Pictures can remind you of brief times and moments where things were the closest they could get to perfect. But, these moments are fleeting, often times they can go from perfect to disastrous in mere minutes. My question is, why cant these perfect moments last? I understand to know what is right you must know what is wrong. You can't have good without evil etc.. But my overarching question is simply WHY?

I want to know is there a god up there pulling strings? Giving aids to babies, making us think we have control of our fate? Or is it that the universe is just full of too much negative energy given that humanity is capable of horrible atrocities, so we pay for it, or i guess in a word, karma. Or is it all as simple as causality? Just cause and effect. Because I did one thing, this happened in return. Had i made a different decision things would have worked out better. Is it even worth trying too seek perfection if its not real? Is there merit in trying or is it a foolish pursuit? I suppose that depends on weather your an optimist or a pessimist. As I go on, it would seem I've turned the question from weather perfection is real or not to, why are things not perfect? Seems like the same question but really its not. Regardless I'll take any answers I can get even if it means talking my self in circles which i do so love to do, I only wish i had someone to run these circles with me.

For now I face the harsh reality that nothing in this world will ever be as perfect as we'd like. We may be doomed to never be satisfied with life, love, relationships, friendships, family. Everything is flawed to an extent. The sooner we come to terms with that the better off we'll be and though I know this I don't sleep any easier for it. It seems sad to settle for something less than what you want, even if what you desire seems to be unobtainable. It just puts a pit in my stomach thinking that we may never get what we truly want, and I don't mean that in a selfish materialistic way, but more of a "finding ones own peace" sort of way. Hell, even love is not perfect. Love, the one thing T.V. and movies lead you to believe to be the cure-all for the worlds ailments is even flawed. That is something I still struggle to cope with. For awhile I wrestled with wondering if love was even real or not. I'm pretty sure I've decided that it is but finding out that it can't save everything is like finding out your favorite hero is dead. Somebody shot God and left him in a ditch and you found out on the 5 o'clock news. It all seems very bleak right now but the only comfort I can offer my self is to enjoy the ones you truly love. Make the best of life with them. Cherish them and hold tight to those perfect moments, fleeting though they may be. Strive to make more of those moments and string them together. Don't weigh your self down with everything that is wrong, but focus on the few things that are right. Or at least try to do all that, what can it hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment