Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cant Live In Yesterday

I feel like today too many people dwell on their past and it holds them down like an anchor. The past is terribly important and can often be detrimental to ones future. Just for clarification the word "past" can be in reference to events that happened years ago, days ago or minutes ago. Many have made mistakes and have stock piled regrets, some more so than others but I'm sure no one is with out some sort of regret no matter how big or small. Regrets suck but they are there for a reason I feel like. I believe it is imperative to learn from ones mistakes and move on. There is no reason to carry ones regrets and mistakes with them all throughout life. Life is hard enough as it is and to carry an unnecessary burden only makes things worse.

Life is about forward movement, progression, stagnancy is no good and only allows us to dwell in the past. Though I fall into stagnant moods that lead to depression I mostly try to live my life in such a way that I do not let the ghosts of the past have any bearing on what I do today and in the future. Sometimes I repeat my same mistakes other times I learn from them. Regardless I know that I have control over today and I won't let my past interfere with that. When terrible things happen or you fuck up it is important to acknowledge your fuck up and apologize if necessary and move on. "Moving on" seems to be the operative words, this whole blog is nothing if I or anyone else who reads it or is effected by it does not put those words into action. It's hard to do it all the time but I swear nothing is more important that trying.

Life can eat you alive if you let it but it can also be an awesome thing. No one will ever be perfect, not every day will go exactly how you want it, You will never be without fault all the time. But you have to take life's imperfections with a grain of salt. At the risk of sounding too cliche, Set Your Goals had it right when they said that "life is about doing the process and not the result" because ultimately that is what it's about, life is a process, one in which you need to make progress. I guess all in all I wish more people would quit letting the past hold them back and destroy relationships that they hold dear. Its stupid to harbor regret and resentment for ones self because of things they did in the past. Please dont let the past effect today. Keep the PMA

P.S. Brets on the couch beside me and wanted me to include him in the blog like a BIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment